19 December, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Hello to all readers!

Thanks for browsing by!

Since Jimmy Moore mentioned I have a blog, I thought I had better get some current stuff out there!

First thing I would like to say is Merry Christmas to one and all! I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed Christmas season! God loves YOU so much!

I also need to say a couple things to start this blog officially…..

I am by no means a preacher, but….Jesus died for YOU!

Salvation is a gift for you! Why not make it this year’s Christmas gift to yourself? All you have to do is accept the gift!

I worship and serve as a Deacon at a Baptist church, but the Great Commission is not to get people to attend Baptist churches. The Great Commission is to share Christ with others! If you are seeking a church to attend, here are the two most important guidelines to seek out….“Christ plus nothing for Salvation”, and “the Bible plus nothing for doctrine.”

My 73 pound (so far) weight loss is not my success at all! Without Christ I could do NOTHING! I turned my appetite over to Him and he continues to work in me!

Praise God for His Strength!

Lately, my focus has not been on my weight. I still maintain a low carb lifestyle, and always will, but God has tossed something in my life that needs some attention……Asthma.

After having wheezing episodes for about a month, I finally went to the doctor….after my wife’s insistence....
The doctor prescribed 3 days of oral steroids and an Albuterol inhaler. Things improved greatly, however some wheezing persisted, so I now have a steroid inhaler that I use morning and evening. I now use the Albuterol inhaler if a wheezing episode comes up. I have a follow up appointment early January for further evaluation.

Interesting….while typing this…I am listening to my iPod….and what song comes on…Oxygen…by the Christian group Avalon….Christ truly is my oxygen!

I have always loved this song…and now it has new meaning for me!

I am not sure if any of these new medications will affect my weight loss….we shall see…

I think I finally know the final goal I am aiming for. 180 pounds! I am currently now only 37 pounds away from reaching that goal!

Jimmy’s low carb forum has lots of great people at varying stages of weight loss. I love reading about their successes and seeing the before and after pictures! I even like reading the challenges that others face to see if I can learn something from them.

May God bless you all greatly!

Sorry that this rambles a bit….I will try to keep future posts a little more focused.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I really loved this post. My oldest daughter has asthma and I had her read it and she was really thrilled about the concept of Jesus being "her oxygen". Thanks and Merry Christmas.